Saturday, October 27, 2007

Just like Steelhead...only non-virtual

Went to a "Deadwood"-themed Halloween party last night. We've never watched that show, for various reasons, but Mr. Peterman said it was 1870s-ish, so we pulled some 1870s clothes out and went. That's Mr. P in the middle, in the blue plastron-front shirt and big hat (of course). Perhaps somebody snapped a shot of me at some point and it will find its way to us. I only took this one shot, because the house was lit only by little candles and I had to use the flash which was VERY annoying to all...

Update: pics are in from our charming hostess, "Calamity Jane". First up, Mrs. Peterman in her yellow pollonaise with blue underskirt (the pics are coming in all black & white). 1st life hair is more complicated to deal with than 2nd life. This one lives in a box in my sewing room and it takes me forever to style it. Note the cat. Found cat approximately 45 seconds after entering the house. There is a reason why my avatar often has a cat perched on her shoulder: I find them and they find me.

Next up, Mr. Peterman and a female of questionable morals. I tell you, turn your back for a minute and men go all goofy.

No matter, some time later I found myself politely refusing the advances of a very loquatious Irishman. I can see by this image that I need a bigger bustle pad. Ruefully inadequate...

The party went later than we did, as we had to catch a boat back to our side of the Big Water. This shot of Master Payne and his lovely wife Marie was taken after our departure.*

*Yes, it really is Master Payne in the flesh. Wonders never cease, n'est ce pas?

4 comments:

Eladrienne Laval said...

That is great!

Hotspur O'Toole said...

I wanna party with YOU guys!

Neb said...

You're welcome any time, you East coast person, you!

Eladrienne Laval said...

I just saw the updated photos. I would say your polonaise is just fine. The 1870s polonaise was much closer to the body and the longer line corsets had a lot to do with it. See Tissot's "Le Bal" for example...Oh, I'm sure you know all this already! *laughs*