Sunday, April 19, 2009

Multitasking

We keep horses in 1st life, as some of you have probably discovered by now. Mr. P is a cavalryman and horse nut, while I concentrate on the cats and chickens...unless he needs me on a horse for cav drill (horses rarely do the drill without a rider). Anyway... is was training time yesterday afternoon, with Mr. P on Woody, Locatya on Marcus, and me on Gryphon. We had just been doing some groudwork training, and decided to ride bareback with just their halters. Well, L and I left blankets/sheets on our guys, because they are shedding so badly right now that we would have looked like tribbles by the time we were done.

I'm not a great rider, but when the phone in my pocket rang, I pulled it out, saw it was Lunar, and answered it...just as Mr. P's horse decided to kick at mine, who jumped sideways. I'm sure Lunar was perplexed to hear, "Helloaaaagh! WOODY!!!! (name of offending horse) I'm sorry...what did you say? I'm trying not to die..." We then had a staccato conversation which consisted of mostly sentence fragments and laughing, as Lunar attempted to give me some news and I attempted to not bounce and slide off the slippery blanket on the back of a trotting, annoyed horse. Luckily, all I lost was my hat (1st life hats are bad that way).

If I had more hands, I might have a picture, albeit blurry, of this encounter. It's just too hard to grab a screenshot in real life sometimes.

No comments: