Thursday, July 9, 2009

Intermission

Real or "first" life has taken me away from SL in a big way in the last few weeks. First, it's gardening time. If I don't do stuff before July it's never going to happen. I did better this year, but still not up to spec.

Second: we have a new horse coming. A big, flashy Andalusian stallion who belongs to Mr. P's jousting pard. Our facilities needed a major overhaul, and since we're not exactly solvent it's a "sweat equity" project.

Third: I developed appendicitis last Monday! How's that for a bombshell? Spent a couple of days in hospital with only one tube in my arm (I'll likely never match Jousting Partner's record). Appendix was removed before it went critical, and I'm feeling pretty well, considering. Still on light duty, but better every day.

Having a major shindig at our place this weekend, Colonial India style, so that's in the mix, too.

See y'all when things settle down a bit...

3 comments:

Hotspur O'Toole said...

: Breathes a large sigh of relief :

What is it about appendicitis all of a sudden. For years, literally a decade or more, I've never heard of an adult coming down with it and having it removed.. Suddenly, this year, I know of three! Is the operation back in style or something, I wonder?

Virrginia Tombola said...

O_O

I'm so glad you're healing. And I believe you deserve an award for cowgirl stoicism: "Sorry, haven't been answering the mail, just been puttering around the place, building a stable, breaking in a new stallion, gardening, the usual. Oh, and cut open before I keeled over and died. Bloody nuisance, couldn't go riding all weekend."

You're my hero :D

Neb said...

Virrg: Ha, you're funny!

Hots: Boy, you're telling me! I had no clue. Never would have guessed "appendicitis" when it hit the fan. Figured some kind of blockage from polyps or some other nasty grown-up thingy. At any rate, it was awful, but hospital gave me happy pain-killers and anti-nausea meds, then took away the perp!